Saturday, July 9, 2011

Books and an Update

Some relatively recent finds...

Emily's Ghost by Denise Giardina. Amazing. It is a fictional novel about the life of Emily Bronte (my favorite of the sisters). Don't read if Charlotte is your favorite-it doesn't paint the best picture of her. Anyhoo, it's tragic AND romantic. Loved it. 


The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Currently being made into a movie. Illustrates women at their best and  worst. 


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I've never seen Schindler's List (I'm a coward) but I've heard it is just as powerful if not more. Read with a box of tissues. I cried...a lot. But don't let that scare you! It's awesome, thanks Jen!

      Things are wonderful here on the Big Island. The last month has flown by. Right now there is a torrential downpour outside and we are having a Harry Potter marathon in preparation for the upcoming movie. I almost don't want to go see the finale because that will mean it's all over! 
      Mom and I have girls camp next week so I'm mentally preparing myself for late nights, lots of giggling girls, and snipe hunts.   

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! We've been having Harry Potter Marathon too...only just because we are sick of all the other shows we own...I'm not going to brave the theatre to watch it. :) Good Luck at girls camp!

    ReplyDelete