Thursday, April 21, 2011

Back to Hawaii!

Changes, changes, changes. We are moving to Oahu in the beginning of June! Mike is going to the University of Hawaii to get his Doctorate in Architecture. As many of you know, we have been deliberating for some time but Hawaii won out over the U, ASU, UNLV, and Montana. We are pretty excited. I'm so proud of him :) and I am REALLY looking forward to being close to my family. We'll still be an island away but plan on visiting often. The Big Island will always be home. The only places I am familiar with on Oahu are the soccer fields but we will get it all figured out.

So in the next month and a half we will basically be selling everything we own. I had no idea we had so much stuff! Mike is selling his skis (that's how I knew he was serious about moving) and all his kayaks. Everything goes-cars, furniture, the whole works! How...fun.

We are sad to leave family and friends but plan on visiting as often as we can. And we welcome visitors! It won't be like staying at my parents' place (I am quite certain whatever one-bedroom bungalow we'll be living in won't have guest quarters) but you're still welcome!

Anyways, I have to get back to studying. After May 7th, I'll be done with school!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun adventure! I bet it feels so nice to be going home! I will always be sad that home isn't here with us but I am excited for the day I get to come see how lovely it is there!!!! Have so much fun and early congrats grads!! Let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Michelle! That will be so nice to be so close to your family. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete